The UEP 6021 Power Supply is a very high density, high sophisticated microprocessor controlled modular power unit. It is designed in WIENER “Low-Noise-Cavity-VHF-switching technology” which features extremely low ripple and noise (PARD).
This technology prevents uncontrolled RF emissions by proper internal shielding and containing of switching parts as well as an efficient deflection of magnetically induced RF currents.
Excellent balanced thermal design secures extraordinary long time stability and high MTBF. Up to 3kW (3Ubox) or 6kW (6Ubox) DC output power can be provided. The modular design with programmable power modules (DC-to-DC converters) allow it to be tailored to any application or chassis requirements..
UEP 6021 Power Supply
- High density power supply in WIENER “Cavity-VHF” switching technology with excellent RF-shielding, ripple < 10…15 mVpp or < 2m Vrms, optionally ultra low noise < 3mVpp (all voltages <12V), other rails <10mV
- Modular and expandable design with self-ventilated universal power blocks, individually sensed and floating DC outputs
- Micro-processor controlled, programmable voltage adjustment, current limits and over-/ under voltage trip off points, temperature limits
- Self protected against any failure as under/over voltage, over current, over temperature, etc
- 94V – 260V, 50/60Hz world-wide auto-range AC input, with power factor correction, CE
- integrated RS232 & CAN-bus interface for programming / monitoring of all power supply as well as fan tray / bin data
- high efficiency of 75% … 85%
- high M T B F
- High power density, up to 3 kW (3U) or 6kW (6U power box) DC output power,
- Dimensions: 430mm x 3U (133mm) or 6U (267mm) x 250mm [whd], weight: from 9.6 to 30 kg depending on the number of power modules
Standard configurations (others possible by request).
|Type||Voltage Range||Channels per module||Peak output / Power|
|MEH||2V ... 7V||1||115A / 550W|
|MEH||7V ... 16V||1||46A / 550W|
|MEH||12V ... 30V||1||23A / 550W|
|MEH||30V ... 60V||1||13.5A / 650W|
|MDH||2V ... 7V||2||+/- 30A / 210W (420W total)|
|MDH||7V ... 16V||2||+/- 23A / 250W (500W total)|
|MDH||7V... 24V||2||+/- 11.5A / 275W (550W total)|
UEP 6021 Power Supplies
High density, highly sophisticated modular power supplies designed with WIENER's "Low-Noise-Cavity-VHF-switching technology" which features extremely low ripple and noise (PARD) figures. This technology prevents uncontrolled RF emissions by proper internal shielding and containing of switching parts as well as an efficient deflection of magnetically induced RF currents. A well-balanced thermal design secures excellent long term stability and high MTBF.
Up to eight independent regulated DC outputs. For higher current capability, power modules can work in parallel. All outputs are floating. Therefore common- or separated grounds can be realized at backplane level (for example analog- and digital- grounds isolated). Wide compatibility ranges become possible by automatic programming of voltage levels and current limits to reference-values that are stored in a bin-memory (Power Protection Memory, PPM system). Incompatibility between bin/backplane and power supply prompts the PPM to keep the power supply off.
Two types of power boxes are available: 3U box with 92-265VAC input for 1kW-3kW DC-output. 6U boxes offer space for a second A/C mains input (PFC) to utilize up to 6kW DC performance (230VAC mains input!). Power boxes include:
- Mains filter in connection with a power factor corrected mains input module (PFC) and soft start circuit,
- auxiliary power supply to provide monitoring and control logic as well as provide power for the fan tray,
- Monitoring and alarm circuit supported by a self-calibrating microprocessor system.
- Five, six (3U box) or 10 slots (6U box) for power modules (DC-to-DC converters)
- CAN-bus interface, processing all power supply, fan tray, and bin data
- Power modules and mains inputs are equipped with long life cooling fans.
Serial connections between power supply, fan tray and bin (plug & play) allows communication and exchange of data between all crate.
|Rated mains input range||106- 230VAC ± 15% (90...265VAC)|
|Rated input current||Sinusoidal 16A for suffix H input, 32A for suffix K input|
|Inrush current:||limited to rated input current (cold unit)|
|Input fuse:||external, intern on special request|
|Isolation (Inp.- outp.)||CE EN 60950, ISO 380, VDE 0805, UL 1950, C22.2.950|
|DC output power:|| H for 1000... <3000W (92 …265VAC)|
K for 2000... <6000W (92 …265VAC)
H input outfitted with removable power cord (3*1,5mm2) for 16A nominal input current,
|Regulation static:||MEH 550W/650W||<15mV||(+/-100% load, +/- full mains range)|
|MDH (20A):||<0,05%||(+/-100% load, +/- full mains range)|
|MDL / MDH||<0,1%||(+/-100% load, +/- full mains range)|
|Regulation dynamic:||MEH, MDH||<100mV||(+/-25% load)|
|MDL / MDH||<0,7%||(+/-25% load)|
|Recovery time||+/-25% load:||within +-1% within +-0,1%|
|MDL / MDH||0,0ms||1,0ms|
|(Conditions: Current slope <1000A/ms, 21mF per 100A ^ 1mF per slot)|
|Sense compensation range:||difference between min. and max. output voltage|
|Type||Channels||Voltage range||Peak output / power||Noise and ripple|
|MEH||1||2... 7,0V||115A / 550W||10mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz|
|MEH||1||7...16V||46A / 550W||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MEH||1||12...30V||23A / 550W||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MEH||1||30...60V||13,5A / 650W||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MDH||2||2...7,0V||(+/-) 30A / 210W (420W)||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MDH||2||7...16V||(+/-) 20A / 250W (500W)||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MDL||2||7...24V||(+/-) 11,5A / 275W.(550W)||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|EMA.||EN 61 000-6-3:2001||[RF emission]|
|EN 55 022:1998 + Corr:2001 + A1:2000 Class B||conducted noise|
|EN 55 022:1998+ Corr:2001 + A1:2000 Class B||radiated noise|
|EN 61 000-3-2:2001||harmonics|
|EN 61 000-3-3:1995 +Corr:1997 +A1:2001||flicker|
|EMB||EN 61 000-6-2:2001||[immunity]|
|EN 61 000-4-6:1996 + A1:2001||injected HF currents|
|EN 61 000-4-3:1996 + A1:1998 + A2:2001||radiated HF fields incl. "900MHz"|
|EN 61 000-4-4:1995 + A1:2001||Burst|
|EN 61 000-4-5:1995 + A1:2001||Surge|
|EN 61 000-4-11:1994 + A1:2000||voltage variations|
|EN 61 000-4-2:1995 + A1:1998 + A2:2001||ESD|
|Operation temperature:||0… 50°C ambient without derating, Storage:-30°C ... +85°C|
|Temperature coefficient:||< 0,2% / 10K|
|Stability:|| 10mV or 0,1% / 24 hours, 25mV or 0,3% / 6 month|
(under constant conditions)
|Current limits:||adjustable to any lower level|
|Voltage rise characteristics:||monotonic 50ms, processor controlled.|
|Overvoltage protection:||crow bar protection trip off adjusted to 125% of nominal voltage each output|
|DC Off (trip off):|| within 5ms if >5% deviation from adjusted nominal values,|
after overload, overheat, overvoltage, undervoltage (bad status),
and fan fail, if temperatures exceed 125°C at heat sinks
Limits programmable. Outputs discharged by crow bars, when power supply tripped- or switched Off.
|Efficiency:||75% ... 85%, depends on used modules|
|M F O T||(Maintenance Free Operation Time):|
|internal blowers:||40°C ambient >65 000 h|
|25°C ambient 100 000 h|
|electronics:||40°C ambient >100 000 h|
|Water cooled power supplies:||40°C water >100 000 h|
Request a Quote
Learn how W-IE-NE-R products can add power, boost speed and bring rugged durability to your project.