MDGG-8 multi functional VME Logic Module
The MDGG-8 is a single wide 6U VME multi functional FPGA based delay logic and timing module which provides often needed functions as gate, delay & pulse generator, logic fan in – fan out, coincidence register and scaler / pre-scaler. The module has 8 inputs and 8 outputs with NIM levels, which are free configurable in regards to their used functionality.
The MDGG-8 is based on a XC3S400 FPGA with 36kB of block RAM. Two FPGA configuration files can be stored in the on-board flash memory from which the FPGA can boot at power-on (selection by a jumper). The flash memory can be reprogrammed via VME for firmware upgrades.
MDGG-8 can be readily customized within the constraints set by the hardware resources. It may be considered an 9-input/8-output/12-diagnostic LED universal logical module for which the user can develop his own firmware using the free XILINX WebPack software.
- single wide 6U A24/D32 VME slave module
- 8+1 NIM inputs (LEMO connectors), 8 NIM outputs (LEMO connectors), can be programmed to be inverted / non-inverted
- 8 channel and 4 diagnostic LED’s
- Interrupt capable, IRQ selected by jumper
- Firmware upgradable via VME
- Built-in functions (firmware dependent)
- programmable delay / gate / pulse generators, start/stop latches or pre-scalers (8 ns steps)
- gated or latching scalers with 1kx32FIFO per channel
- 8 bit coincidence register
- combinatorial gates (2 fold OR of 8 fold AND)
- Flexible configuration and multiplexing of NIM inputs / outputs and logic devices
- Programmable Veto inputs
- VME triggering of logic devices and reset of scalers
Standard configurations (others possible by request).
|MDGG-8||8 Channel MDGG-8 with LEMO I/O|
|Packaging||single wide 6U VME module|
|Inputs:||8 channel inputs + 1 common (LEMO 00)|
|Outputs:||8 channel outputs (LEMO 00)|
|LED’s:||12 Diagnostic LED’s, driven by signal stretchers|
|Firmware:||Programmed via VME|
|Interface:||VME A24 D32, base address via jumpers.|
|VME IRQ:||Capable of asserting VME IRQ, level selected via jumper|
Request a Quote
Learn how W-IE-NE-R products can add power, boost speed and bring rugged durability to your project.