WIENER VME / VME64x / VXI crates of the 5000 and 6000 product families as well as NIM and CAMAC crates with fan tray and PL508 power supplies can be equipped with a CAN-bus interfaces for remote monitoring and control.
The Controller Area Network, (CAN) defined by Bosch in 1985, is an advanced serial multi-master communication protocol. Due to the reliability and technical capability as well as to the available low-price system components, CAN is well suited for application in field bus systems. CAN-bus was chosen as one of the field buses for slow control by CERN LHC.
- Allows integration of WIENER chassis and power supplies into CAN field-bus system.
- Up to 126 crates can be controlled within a network. In addition to the remote on/off and SYSRES (VME) the user can control and program remotely every crate parameter via the interface as (* depend on power supply type):
- Crate Identification
- All voltages and currents, Over- under voltage trip off points (*)
- Current limit adjustment to lower levels than 100%, i.e. for module test procedures (*)
- Temperature measurements of air inlet and above modules (up to 8 sensors for the VME 6000 crate series possible)
- All status signals, error messages
- Average speed and individual speed of every single fan
- Configuration and adjustment (*)
- The communication between crates and host computer is based on a new intelligent bus protocol (CMS-CAL compatible) characterized by functions like:
- Automatic error message generation, (highest priority)
- Minimum level of required bus activities
- Broadcast and group functions
- Task dependent priorities, equal rights for all crates
Standard configurations (others possible by request).
|CAN-bus option for W-IE-NE-R chassis and power supplies
Request a Quote
Learn how W-IE-NE-R products can add power, boost speed and bring rugged durability to your project.