The WIENER 6U VXI-4 backplane is the first VXI bus available with features according to the new VXI-4 standard which add VME64x and VXS features into the VXI world. The backplane is fully compliant to VXI 1.4, VME rev. C.1, UL 796, and 94V-0 and implements the VME64x type connectors, 3.3V DC power and the LVDS lines LCLK100 and LSYNC100 as well as the LVDS Star Trigger from the VXI-4 standard.
This monolithic backplane in a 14 layer, all-strip line technology is outfitted with 5-row 160 pin HARTING connectors on J1 and J2. The backplane is actively terminated and provides active automatic daisy chaining which is compatible to the CBLT.
The extended power layers and special current rails permit highest power distribution. For power distribution and connection a flat sandwich-like structure of copper sheets is mounted on the back of the upper J1 area.
- Monolithic J1/J2 WIENER VXI-4 backplane, 14 layers
- J1 and J2 outfitted with 5 row 160-pin connectors according to VXI-4 specification
- STAR trigger LVDS lines, LCLK100 and LSYNC100, all routed with equal line lengths from slot 0 to all other slots (<4.4ns timing difference)
- Strip line technology suitable for maximum data rates of (320Mbyte/s, 64bit 2esst)
- Optimized RF shielding, well dispersed filter-capacitors
- Minimized ground shift and cross talk
- Electronic automatic daisy chain
- Flat cable style connector for sense and control
- Provision for up to 8 temperature sensors (module temp. checking)
- Sense circuit protection by PTC- resistors (Optionally)
- Excellent power distribution capability by current multi-layer structure for 5V, 3.3V, -5.2V, -2V and GND
Standard configurations (others possible by request).
6U VXI BackplaneHartmann Elektronik monolithic multi-layer 13 slot VXI bus with active automatic daisy chain and passive or active termination. Outfitted with 96pin DIN J1/J2 connectors as per VXI specification:
|Power per slot||VXI C size||VXI D size|
|( at 20°C / 70°C)||13 slot J1/J2||13 slot J1/J2/J3|
|5V||14A / 10.5A||24A / 18A|
|+/-12V||2A / 1,5A||4A / 3A|
|-5,2V||10A / 7.5A||20A / 15A|
|-2V||4A / 3A||10A / 7.5A|
|+/-24V||2A / 1.5A||4A / 3A|
Request a Quote
Learn how W-IE-NE-R products can add power, boost speed and bring rugged durability to your project.