Other configuration on request!
The CERN V430 “nuclear VME” standard extends the traditional VME/VME64 bus by additional DC and signal lines provided on a 30-pin J-aux connector. The monolithic WIENER VME430 is designed as a 10-layer board in strip-line technology and is fully consistent with ANSI/VITA 1-1994 and IEEE-1014-1987 as well as CERN VME430 specifications. The backplane is actively terminated and provides automatic daisy chain either actively or mechanically (in connector, on request).
The extended power layers and special current rails permit highest power distribution. The 21 slot monolithic J1/J2 backplane has more than 300A current capability on 5V, which corresponds to 15A per slot (at 70Â°C). Optional the J2 can be equipped with 160pin 5-row connectors.
For power distribution and connection a flat sandwich-like structure of copper sheets is mounted on the back of the upper J1 area. All DC wiring from this high-current multi-layer structure to the power supply situated in the bottom is integrated into the backplane layout by using the space between the connector shrouds.
- Monolithic J1/Jaux/J2 WIENER VME430 backplane, 10 layers
- J1 and J2 outfitted with 3 row 96-pin DIN connectors
- Jaux according to CERN V430 (30 pins, 3 row DIN)
- 5, 7, 9, 15 and 21 slots available
- Strip line technology suitable for maximum data rates of (320Mbyte/s, 64bit)
- Optimized RF shielding
- Well dispersed filter-capacitors
- Minimized ground shift and cross talk
- Automatic daisy chain (mechanically or electronic)
- Flat cable style connector for sense and control
- Provision for up to 8 temperature sensors (module temp. checking)
- Sense circuit protection by PTC- resistors (Optionally)
- Excellent power distribution capability by current multi-layer structure
- Maximum power Capabilities (per Slot J1/J2)
Standard configurations (others possible by request).
6U VXI backplane
Hartmann Elektronik monolithic multi-layer 13 slot VXI bus with active automatic daisy chain and passive or active termination. Outfitted with 96pin DIN J1/J2 connectors as per VXI specification:
|Power per slot||VXI C size||VXI D size|
|( at 20°C / 70°C)||13 slot J1/J2||13 slot J1/J2/J3|
|5V||14A / 10.5A||24A / 18A|
|+/-12V||2A / 1,5A||4A / 3A|
|-5,2V||10A / 7.5A||20A / 15A|
|-2V||4A / 3A||10A / 7.5A|
|+/-24V||2A / 1.5A||4A / 3A|
Request a Quote
Learn how W-IE-NE-R products can add power, boost speed and bring rugged durability to your project.