9U VME64x 6021 Full Size Chassis
WIENER VME 6021 crate series is the newest generation of 19″ integrated packaging system for VME/VME64x bus systems with 9Ux400mm cards. Designed primarily for applications in data acquisition, control and test instrumentation it combines superior mechanical quality with lowest noise power supply technology.
Featuring microprocessor controlled power supplies and fan trays it provides advanced integrated diagnostic and monitoring capabilities. For remote monitoring and control the VME6021 crates are outfitted with Ethernet interface. A unique flexibility is given by the modular packaging approach. The VME 6021 crate consists of the UEV 6021 Bin, the UEL 6020 EX Fan Tray unit and the UEP 6021 Power Supply.
Different power supply configurations as well as a variety of crate options are offered.
UEV 6021-S VME Bin
- 19” x 11U enclosure for 9U x 400mm VME bus cards, fully compliant to IEEE 1101.10/P with advanced EMC / ESD shielding
- Vario option with mixed 6U x 160mm and 9U x 400mm card cages
- Very rugged steel-aluminum construction features 5mm thick heavy duty side plates with zero-tolerance countersink screw positioning of all horizontal rails,
- Monolithic 6U VME64x backplane (J1/J2, optional J0), 10 layer PCB, active termination, active automatic-daisy-chain, CBLT conform and VIPA backplane optional
- 2 U space for fan tray unit in front (bottom), power supply in rear top position (behind J1)
- Free rear side access of VME backplane at J2 and lower J3, optional 3U (J2) or 6U (J2/J3) rear side transition card cage 80mm/120mm/160mm/220mm deep
- Optional up to 8 temperature sensors in VME card cage above modules
- Dimensions: 19” (482mm) x 11U (489mm) x 720mm [whd], weight: ca. 16 – 17 Kg
UEL 6020 EX Fan Tray
- Designed to provide superior cooling of VME modules in bottom-to-top air flow
- Equipped with 4, 6 or 9 individually controlled long-life DC fans, MTBF >60,000h
- Integrated fan speed and thermal monitoring, adjustable fan speed (1200 … 3600 RPM)
- Microprocessor controlled with alphanumeric high-visibility LED display for all fan tray, bin and power supply parameters (voltages, currents, power, temperatures, set-up data…)
- Built in Ethernet interface for remote monitoring and control
- Dimensions: 430mm x 2U (89mm) x 415mm [whd], weight: ca. 6.8 Kg – 6 DC fans
UEP 6021 Power Supply
- High density power supply in WIENER “Cavity-VHF” switching technology with excellent RF-shielding, optionally ultra low noise < 3mVpp (all voltages <12V), other rails <10mVpp
- Modular and expandable design with self-ventilated universal power blocks, individually sensed floating DC outputs
- Self protected against any failure as under/over voltage, over current, over temperature, etc.
- Micro-processor controlled, programmable voltage adjustment, current limits and over-/ under voltage trip off points, temperature limits
- 94V – 260V world-wide auto-range AC input, with power factor correction, CE-conformity
- High power density, up to 3 kW/6kW output power for 3U/6U high power box
- Dimensions: 430mm x 3U (133mm) or 6U (267mm) x 250mm [whd], weight: from 9.6 to 20Kg depending on the number of power modules
Standard configurations (others possible by request).
|Crate Version||Backplane||+5V||+12V||-12v||+3.3V||+48V||PS Height|
UEV 6021 VME bin
The 6021 bin has a 2U high fan tray space below the front and optional rear card cages for the UEL6020 fan tray. The total height of the 6021 bin is either 8U (6U VME/VXI/PCI) or 11U (9U VME/VXI).
The power supply is plugged into the top rear position. For this purpose the DC power terminal is located behind the backplane / top connector row. For a 3U power supply, this blocks the rear of J1 but leaves J2 and J3 (for 9U cards) freely accessible. A 6U high power supply will occupy the space behind both J1 and J2.
Standard sizes 3U, 6U or 9U with depth: 6U format 80mm / 120mm / 160mm / 220mm / 250mm
WIENER UEV bins can be outfitted with a rear side card cage. The bin side panels have all provisions to take a transition card cage in any of the offered sizes. Transition card cages can be ordered as an option for a new crate or separately for upgrading of existing crates. The UEV 6021 bin with the power supply in rear top position allows rear side card cages only to J2 (3U), or to J2 and J3 (6U) for 9U VME format.
Common and / or isolated backplane ground connections can be user selected.
The 6000 series crates offer excellent electrical safety, i.e. no AC mains wiring is inside the bin and fan tray. All power comes from well-isolated DC low voltages (EN60950, UL1950). A Power Protect Memory (PPM) further protects the crate by preventing incompatible power supplies from powering up.
Dimensions of 6021 standard crates (depth: +25mm for inserted power supply)
For 6U/160mm boards: 19” (483mm) x 8U (356mm) x 480mm [whd]
For 9U/400mm boards: 19” (483mm) x 11U (489mm) x 720mm [whd]
- S-Bin option (IEEE 1101.10 compliant)
- E-Bin option (IEEE 1101.10 compatible)
- Top cover option
- J3 backplane cover option
- Transition cage option
- VARIO-Divider option (mixed 6U/9U)
- Temperature sensors option
- Dust Filter options
- Easy Lever option
All WIENER VME 64x multi-layer backplanes are outfitted with 5-row 160 pin connectors for J1 and J2 as well as optionally with 133 pin hard metric connector for J0. The busses have active on board termination and active automatic daisy-chain (CBLT compatible!). Available with up to 21 slots.
W-Ie-Ne-R’s special current multilayer made of “z”-bended copper sheets, further stiffens the 4.8mm thick board.
- Strip line technology suitable for data rates of 320Mbyte/s (64bit)
- High power distribution by current multiplayer / bus bar system
- Excellent RF shielding
- Optimized filtering (electrolytic and ceramic filter-capacitors)
- Minimized ground shift and cross talk
- Automatic daisy chain
- flat cable connector for sense and control
- Provision for up to 8 temperature sensors (module temp. checking)
- Sense circuit protection by PTC- resistors (Optionally)
- Special version for VIPA (VME in Physics) and CERN VME430 style
|Power per slot||VME 64x||VME 64x-V430||VME64xP|
|(20°C / 70°C)||J1-J0-J2||J1-Jaux-J2|| J1-J0-J2|
Slot 2- 21
|3,3V||17A / 12A||17A / 12A||17A / 12A|
|5V||15,3A / 10,8A||15,3A / 10,8A||27A / 19A|
|+/-12V||1,7A / 1,2A||1,7A / 1,2A||1,7A / 1,2A|
|+/-15V||3,2A / 2,5A|
|-5,2V||19A / 15A|
|-2V||9,5A / 7,5A|
|Vw, Vx, Vy, Vz||4A / 3A|
|V1, V2||1,7A / 1,2A||1,7A / 1,2A||1,7A / 1,2A|
UEL6020 Fan Tray / Control InterfaceThe UEL6020 is the plug in fan and control unit for all crates of the 6000 family. Matching the crate card cage size fan trays are available in 160mm, 220mm, 340mm, 400mm and 600mm depth. In addition to providing a cooling airflow through the front card cage optionally rear side transition board cooling is possible. All UEL 6020 fan trays are outfitted with long life individually controlled DC fans for bottom to top air flow operation. Depending on the required air flow and crate size either “standard” or “super blower” fans are used. All fan trays (except the 6U / 160mm fan tray for frontal entry) are equipped with a topped plenum pressure chamber, 25mm high, for optimized air flow homogenization through all slots as well as for mixed module depths. UEL 6020 fan trays have a built-in microprocessor for fan control, communication with the power supply and display / networking. Default version is the EX type which has a high visibility alphanumeric display and Ethernet interface for remote monitoring and control. This interface allows the crate, including power supply, fan tray and bin temperature sensors, to be controlled and monitored remotely using Ethernet. A built in web server allows the crate health to be monitored via a web browser on a PC attached to the appropriate network, while SNMP provides a convenient way to tailor a control system to a given application. All network connectors are RJ45 type.
|Standard 118mmx118mm||Super Blower 150mm||HRPM 118mm x 118mm|
|Static pressure at 3000 RPM:||8 mm H2O column||14 mm H2O column||28 mm H2O column|
|Max. Speed of Rotation:||>3000 RPM||>3000 RPM||>6000 RPM|
|Power Consumption||6-8W typical||12-15W Typical||20W|
|Start up Current:||Limited by soft start circuit|
|Operating Voltage:||Fan tray 30VDC, internal Blowers 0-24VDC,|
|Optimum operating range:||2- 3,8mm H2O||4- 5,5mm H2O||10- 15mm H2O|
|Operating Temperature:||0... 70°C|
|MFOT (Maintenance Free Operation Time)||>65 000 h at 40°C ambient, > 85 000 h at 25°C ambient|
|Status||Green:||all values inside tolerance|
|Fan fail||Yellow:||one or more fans fail|
|Overheat||Yellow:||power supply overheated|
|Sys fail||Red:||VMEbus generates sysfail|
UEP 6021 Power Supplies
High density, highly sophisticated modular power supplies designed with WIENER's "Low-Noise-Cavity-VHF-switching technology" which features extremely low ripple and noise (PARD) figures. This technology prevents uncontrolled RF emissions by proper internal shielding and containing of switching parts as well as an efficient deflection of magnetically induced RF currents. A well-balanced thermal design secures excellent long term stability and high MTBF.
Up to eight independent regulated DC outputs. For higher current capability, power modules can work in parallel. All outputs are floating. Therefore common- or separated grounds can be realized at backplane level (for example analog- and digital- grounds isolated). Wide compatibility ranges become possible by automatic programming of voltage levels and current limits to reference-values that are stored in a bin-memory (Power Protection Memory, PPM system). Incompatibility between bin/backplane and power supply prompts the PPM to keep the power supply off.
Two types of power boxes are available: 3U box with 92-265VAC input for 1kW-3kW DC-output. 6U boxes offer space for a second A/C mains input (PFC) to utilize up to 6kW DC performance (230VAC mains input!). Power boxes include:
- Mains filter in connection with a power factor corrected mains input module (PFC) and soft start circuit,
- auxiliary power supply to provide monitoring and control logic as well as provide power for the fan tray,
- Monitoring and alarm circuit supported by a self-calibrating microprocessor system.
- Five, six (3U box) or 10 slots (6U box) for power modules (DC-to-DC converters)
- CAN-bus interface, processing all power supply, fan tray, and bin data
- Power modules and mains inputs are equipped with long life cooling fans.
Serial connections between power supply, fan tray and bin (plug & play) allows communication and exchange of data between all crate.
|Rated mains input range||106- 230VAC ± 15% (90...265VAC)|
|Rated input current||Sinusoidal 16A for suffix H input, 32A for suffix K input|
|Inrush current:||limited to rated input current (cold unit)|
|Input fuse:||external, intern on special request|
|Isolation (Inp.- outp.)||CE EN 60950, ISO 380, VDE 0805, UL 1950, C22.2.950|
|DC output power:|| H for 1000... <3000W (92 …265VAC)|
K for 2000... <6000W (92 …265VAC)
H input outfitted with removable power cord (3*1,5mm2) for 16A nominal input current,
|Regulation static:||MEH 550W/650W||<15mV||(+/-100% load, +/- full mains range)|
|MDH (20A):||<0,05%||(+/-100% load, +/- full mains range)|
|MDL / MDH||<0,1%||(+/-100% load, +/- full mains range)|
|Regulation dynamic:||MEH, MDH||<100mV||(+/-25% load)|
|MDL / MDH||<0,7%||(+/-25% load)|
|Recovery time||+/-25% load:||within +-1% within +-0,1%|
|MDL / MDH||0,0ms||1,0ms|
|(Conditions: Current slope <1000A/ms, 21mF per 100A ^ 1mF per slot)|
|Sense compensation range:||difference between min. and max. output voltage|
|Type||Channels||Voltage range||Peak output / power||Noise and ripple|
|MEH||1||2... 7,0V||115A / 550W||10mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz|
|MEH||1||7...16V||46A / 550W||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MEH||1||12...30V||23A / 550W||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MEH||1||30...60V||13,5A / 650W||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MDH||2||2...7,0V||(+/-) 30A / 210W (420W)||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MDH||2||7...16V||(+/-) 20A / 250W (500W)||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|MDL||2||7...24V||(+/-) 11,5A / 275W.(550W)||<15mVpp, (0-20MHz ), <2mVrms (0-30MHz)|
|EMA.||EN 61 000-6-3:2001||[RF emission]|
|EN 55 022:1998 + Corr:2001 + A1:2000 Class B||conducted noise|
|EN 55 022:1998+ Corr:2001 + A1:2000 Class B||radiated noise|
|EN 61 000-3-2:2001||harmonics|
|EN 61 000-3-3:1995 +Corr:1997 +A1:2001||flicker|
|EMB||EN 61 000-6-2:2001||[immunity]|
|EN 61 000-4-6:1996 + A1:2001||injected HF currents|
|EN 61 000-4-3:1996 + A1:1998 + A2:2001||radiated HF fields incl. "900MHz"|
|EN 61 000-4-4:1995 + A1:2001||Burst|
|EN 61 000-4-5:1995 + A1:2001||Surge|
|EN 61 000-4-11:1994 + A1:2000||voltage variations|
|EN 61 000-4-2:1995 + A1:1998 + A2:2001||ESD|
|Operation temperature:||0… 50°C ambient without derating, Storage:-30°C ... +85°C|
|Temperature coefficient:||< 0,2% / 10K|
|Stability:|| 10mV or 0,1% / 24 hours, 25mV or 0,3% / 6 month|
(under constant conditions)
|Current limits:||adjustable to any lower level|
|Voltage rise characteristics:||monotonic 50ms, processor controlled.|
|Overvoltage protection:||crow bar protection trip off adjusted to 125% of nominal voltage each output|
|DC Off (trip off):|| within 5ms if >5% deviation from adjusted nominal values,|
after overload, overheat, overvoltage, undervoltage (bad status),
and fan fail, if temperatures exceed 125°C at heat sinks
Limits programmable. Outputs discharged by crow bars, when power supply tripped- or switched Off.
|Efficiency:||75% ... 85%, depends on used modules|
|M F O T||(Maintenance Free Operation Time):|
|internal blowers:||40°C ambient >65 000 h|
|25°C ambient 100 000 h|
|electronics:||40°C ambient >100 000 h|
|Water cooled power supplies:||40°C water >100 000 h|
Request a Quote
Learn how W-IE-NE-R products can add power, boost speed and bring rugged durability to your project.