PS236 / CS236 1100W - 1950W
The high density high sophisticated PS236 power supply series replaces the well used PS336 types. PS236 is only 3U high and features six separately regulated extremely low noise outputs for use in CAMAC crates conforming EUR 4100 as well as CERN EP82-01 / EP84-01 and 46-04 specifications as well as in NIM bins UEN01 HC 12.
Based on the W-IE-NE-R "Cavity VHF-switching technology" combined with excellent RF-shielding these power supplies feature strong reduced periodic and random distortions. The output power is up to 1900W.
The AC mains inlet is designed as a wide range input with power factor correction. High MTBF-values are achieved by optimized thermal-balance of critical parts and the use of long life DC fans for internal cooling.
According to the CERN CAMAC Note 46-04 the power supply is equipped with a control- and monitoring connector (15-pin sub-D / PG 27+28) for Status output ("good" when all DC-voltages within tolerance level), rearming input, power fail signal, alarms for overload and over temperature, voltage and current monitor outputs.
The PS236 and CS236 have to be used with CERN compatible NIM and CAMAC bins.
- Micro-processor controlled, high precision, low-noise switching power supply with programmable voltage and current limits, 1920W DC output, all 6 DC voltages +/-6V, +/-12V,
- +/-24V provided
- Power supplies to be plugged-in to the rear of the NIM bin for easy exchange
- All CE power supplies have separated and improved AC to fan connection
PS/CS236 NIM CERN/CE 1920W Power Supply
- Micro-processor controlled, high precision, low-noise switching power supply with programmable voltage and current limits, 1900W DC output, all 6 DC voltages +/-6V, +/-12V, +/-24V provided , (no 115VAC!)
- Power supplies are plugged-in to the rear of the NIM bin for easy tool free exchange
- All power supplies are protected against short circuit, over / under voltage and over temperature
- Equipped with status control and CERN-spec. monitoring output (PG28)
- Auto range AC input
- Dimensions: 429mm x 133mm x 220mm [whd], weight: 12.9 kg
- CE conform versions provide improved AC wiring.
|Type||+6V||-6V||+12V||-12V||+24V||-24V||DC at 230VAC||DC at 115VAC||DC at 100VAC|
PS/CS 336 Low noise switching CAMAC Power Supply
High density ultra high power CAMAC power supply in WIENER low-noise-cavity technology, considering both: CERN-CAMAC-Note 46-04 and EP 82-01. The PS236 power supplies use the status signal to superpose additional digital monitoring information to the fan tray. This enlarged the monitoring and control features. Wide range mains input 92-265VDC, 47-63Hz.
DC Outputs: +/-6V, +/-12V, +/-24V. Current limits can be adjusted via UEL/CEL03 fan tray or remotely, when the fan tray has corresponding remote interface installed.
|Power supply||+6V||-6V||+12V||-12V||24||-24V||max. power (*: 92-265VAC)||regulation||application|
|Input voltage, 47-63Hz||92V-265V, <16A sinusoidal|
|Output: Noise and Ripple: Full load / 80% rated output (0-20Mhz Bandwidth)||<10mVpp / <10mVpp, <2mVRMS|
|Regulation static: Change of output voltage versus load change 10-100%||<0,1% or <15mV|
|Regulation static: Change of output voltage versus line change +/-10%||<0,02%|
|Regulation dynamic: Change of output voltage versus load change +/-25%||<0,7% or 100mV.|
|Recovery time versus load change 10-100% Recovery time versus load change +/-25%||<0,2ms for <1% deviation|
|Output impedance: Static / Dynamic(at 100kHz, 6V output)||0,2mOhm / 50mOhm|
|Thermal Protection (No. of thermal switches)||(5x)|
|Output- Current Characteristics, reverse bias diodes!||Constant current and trip off|
|Dual tracking for complementary outputs||Voltage rise time 50ms, Off with crow bar discharge|
|Calibration ranges Voltage / Currents||Programmable +15%-50% / 0-100%|
|Sense compensation ranges, all DC voltages||0,5V|
|Status Control for all voltages (Over- Under-Voltage Comparator, defaults +/-0.3%)||Status control, LED-signal, trip off circuit|
|Overvoltage Protection, trip off thresholds (defaults)||Crow bars 7,3V, 14,5V, 24,5V|
|Derating, max. operating temperature||no derating up to 50°C, 50°C max.|